We have often heard that ‘Drinking water is good for you’! But why so? How does it affect our bodies?
We drink water to quench our thirst. However, H2O plays an essential role in helping to keep up our bodily functions and maintain a healthy body. Moreover, up to 60% of the body is made of fluids. All our major organs depend on it to perform proper functions. Hence, it is essential to maintain fluids in our bodies to remain healthy and hydrated.
It helps in many bodily functions but mainly takes care of the following functions:
- Helps in regulating body temperature, especially in the hot climate
- Protects the tissues and organs in the body
- Keeps the moisture intact in the nose, eyes, and mouth
- Lowers the pressure on kidney and liver to eliminate waste and toxins
- It also helps to lubricate the joints
- Removes toxins from the body from sweat, perspiration, and bowel movements
How much water should you drink?
It's crucial to intake fluids continuously throughout the day since we lose them from our bodies through breathing, perspiration, urine, and bowel movements every day. In order to make our body function properly, we must refresh our internal reserves with beverages and food rich in fluids.
According to studies and research conducted, our human body needs fluids based on their body weight. The minimum amount of fluid your body needs every day:
Men – 15.5 cups
Women – 11.5 cups
How to Increase your Water intake?
It is important to drink enough H2O to accomplish your fluid intake on a daily basis for a healthy body and mind. If you are someone who faces difficulty in drinking water then we have some tips for you to complete your goals every day.
Tips to increase fluid intake:
- Carry a bottle with you to keep yourself hydrated.
- Add some ice cubes to have a chilled drink.
- Avoid sugary drinks and opt for purified water.
- Drink fluids with your meals.
- Add a few fruits or lemon wedges to your drink.
- Try having fruit-infused drinks to increase your consumption.
The quality of your drinking water
While it is crucial to drink water, it is important to focus on the quality of it. Clean and pure drinking water helps to keep your body hydrated and healthy. To make sure that your drinking water is absolutely clean, install an RO water purifier to monitor the quality and your fluid intake. Purified water is not only clean and safe to drink but also has added minerals that are essential for the body’s well-being.
When looking for a purification system, always choose a reputed brand whom you can trust. Select a water purifier based on its technology, it is best to choose one with RO+UV/RO+UF. If you are concerned about the taste, always pick a purifier with either a TDS controller, Taste Enhancer, or Mineralizer. If you want to know more about this read this article.
If you like our articles, make sure to drop a comment to let us know.
Source: Water and Healthier Drinks, June 6, 2022, cdc.gov
Water: Essential to your body, WEDNESDAY, JULY 22, 2020, Mayoclinic