Food, shelter and clothing are essential elements for life on earth. Another vital element is water. The human body can survive without food for over two months. But you can only go three days without clean drinking water. Clean drinking water is a crucial aspect of maintaining good health.
Tap water is no longer a dependable water supply due to the widespread contamination of water sources. People have frequently become ill after drinking tap water that hasn't been filtered. Therefore, every household must have a safe water purifier, if not the best, at home.
The market is saturated with water purifiers that employ various water filtration methods. Choosing the appropriate water filter for your home might therefore be confusing. Here is a guide to help you understand the main differences between RO and UV water purifier.
What is an RO purifier system?
RO stands for reverse osmosis. It is a purification system that passes water molecules via a semi-permeable membrane. Dissolved salts and other contaminants cannot cross the barrier; only water molecules can. Which type of RO is best? Any purifier from a known brand works well.
RO water is passed under high-pressure thanks to the osmosis process. This kind of filtration turns hard water into soft water by removing the most dissolved salts, big particles, pollutants, and germs from the water. RO water is better than normal water since dangerous bacteria, and dissolved impurities are absent from RO-filtered water.
Most filters include a Pre-filter, sediment filter, carbon filter, and Side Stream RO membrane. Thus, good minerals and nutrients are preserved, and only detrimental substances are eliminated. The Advance Recovery Technology retains the most water possible with the least amount of waste. When It comes down to RO Water VS Natural water, RO water wins.
RO water is good for health since it uses a suitable technique for lowering TDS in water.
Benefits of RO water systems
- RO water purifiers can eliminate contaminants and dissolved salts from the water.
- Since tap water is contaminated by more than just bacteria, RO systems are more successful at cleaning it.
- An integrated pre-filtration system in RO purifiers enables them to function with murky and muddy water.
- removes all the visible and suspended contaminants
- 90% of TDS is removed
- It efficiently eliminates the cryptosporidium frequently found in lakes, rivers, and public water supplies.
- They can eliminate toxins that harm people's health, like mercury, lead, chlorine, fluoride, and arsenic, so RO water is better than normal water.
The downside of RO water systems
- RO water purifiers are primarily expensive.
- RO water purifiers need electricity to increase the water pressure.
- High water pressure is necessary, and an additional pump is used.
- In a home with an RO system, more than 80% of the water is rejected or wasted, leaving only 20% or less for consumption.
- In addition to removing contaminants, RO purifiers strip water of necessary minerals, including calcium, potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
What is UV water system filtration?
UV (Ultraviolet) rays in a UV water filter system eliminate the water's dangerous germs. Consequently, all pathogens have been removed from the water. When it comes to the fundamental question of is UV purification safe, Uv is a safe water purifier and beneficial to health since it eliminates all dangerous microorganisms from the water without altering its flavour. There are many UV water purifier list to choose from.
UV water systems cannot physically eliminate germs and other microbes from the water like RO filters can. UV purification is safe, and it kills microbes, thanks to intense UV light. This light kills the bacteria, but the corpses stay in the water. You should try combining UV and UF purifiers if you want the most outstanding results.
Benefits of UV filters
- It works using standard tap water pressure.
- UV water purifier price is relatively low, making them the ideal choice for people looking for cost-effective alternatives. They also require less upkeep.
- Since they don't contain any chemicals, the flavour of the water is unaffected.
- They deliver clean water instantaneously as opposed to RO purifiers.
- In a UV water purifier, water is not wasted.
- UV purification is safe.
Downsides of UV filters
- A UV water purifier cannot remove dissolved solids in the water.
- Muddy water is incompatible with UV filters. To successfully eliminate the microorganisms, the water must be clean.
- kills all viruses and bacteria but does not get rid of them
- UV water purifier list maintains its TDS value.
You should be aware that RO and UV water purifiers operate in various ways. For instance, RO filters are made to remove TDS and dead microorganisms from water, whereas UV filters are made to destroy bacteria and viruses. The advantage of RO systems is that they improve the flavour of the water by using activated carbon.
The TDS in the input water at your home is the most crucial consideration when deciding between these two categories of water purifiers. You don't need to install a RO water purifier if the TDS in the water at your house is less than 300 ppm. It will only lower the TDS to about 30 ppm, which can be dangerous and unnatural. Between RO Water VS Natural water, purified water is safer to drink.
Reverse osmosis filters, unlike UV purifiers, include a storage tank where the filtered water is retained. Depending on the type, most have a storage tank that holds 5–15 litres. You must store water manually in bottles, pots, and other containers when using the UV purifier. Some of the most recent UV water purifiers do, however, include a storage tank.
There is no real answer to Which type of RO is best? Purchase the one that works for you.
RO purifiers are the best for purifying in practically every way. They are more efficient than UV purifiers because they frequently include several filtration stages. They are the finest for large families and are also simpler to maintain.
UV water purifier price is low and hence, are the most fantastic options for individuals on a tight budget. The wonderful thing about them is that, although not removing them, they can all hazardous bacteria that are present in the water. Additionally, they maintain the original water composition.
Investing in a safe water purifier helps maintain good health since UV water and RO water better than normal water.