The drinking water contamination level in India is quite high, especially in regions where the industries are closer to the water sources. In circumstances like these, it is essential to use the right water purifier that will ensure that the water you drink is healthy and clean.
Water purifiers with RO + UV + UF technologies have an advanced water filtration system where the water goes through multiple stages of purification. Firstly, all the hard substances like lead, salts, and arsenic are eliminated and then the water is softened through the other filtration stages.
You do not need to be an expert when it comes to determining drinking water quality but you need to be vigilant about the water you drink.
This beginner’s guide for using water will cover all the basic concerns and queries like:
- Why is it necessary to drink filtered healthy water?
- What are the types of water purifiers you can use?
- Steps to using a water purifier correctly as a beginner.
Why is it necessary to drink filtered water?
The main reason why you should be drinking filtered water is to prevent water-related illnesses and skin problems. Elderly people, children, and infants have weaker and less developed immunity systems. Hence having a water purifier lessens the chances of them falling sick often. Untreated and unfiltered drinking water is swarmed with contaminants like lead, arsenic, chemicals let out by factories, chlorine, fluorides, viruses, and bacteria. These contaminants are responsible for the overall poor health index of the country as they cause diseases like typhoid, cholera, jaundice, skin irritability, etc. Underprivileged people living near factories and industries, especially in slums are severely affected because of contaminated water. On a relevant note, unsafe water could be deadly too, and must be treated immediately. Hence, it is wise to use a water filter that will guarantee you good quality drinking water and not put your and your family’s health at risk. Instead, you will be drinking healthy water every day.
What are the types of water purifiers you can use?
It should be noted that just one kind of water purifier does not remove all the contaminants from the water. To erase the impurities from the drinking water completely, your water purifier needs to have multiple stages of filtration. Each stage carefully helps cleanse different unwanted elements from the water. The result of this, eventually, is safe and mineral water. Do keep in mind, healthy water is a way to a healthy lifestyle. Let’s take a look at the uses of a water purifier.
- RO or reverse osmosis technology helps remove compounds of calcium and magnesium by thus reducing the hardness of the drinking water. Not only that but RO technology also eliminates other chemicals like lead, fluorides, and arsenic present in the water. It is ideal for purifying a wide range of impurities. Ro water is the safest filtered water.
- UV or ultraviolet technology reduces the risks caused by viruses and bacteria present in the drinking water. Water purifiers with this kind of technology are suitable for soft water.
- UF or Ultrafiltration technology can remove viruses and bacteria but cannot eliminate the dissolved chemicals. It can work without electricity but cannot turn hard water into soft water. Hence, using this filter technology along with RO or UV water purifiers or both combined is highly advisable.
- Activated carbon filters absorb the impurities present in the drinking water and eliminate the contaminants. The mineral water filters through the carbon filter and the results are clean, chemical-free, and safe water. The pores in the filters are opened and drinking water flows through these filters. It undergoes the activated carbon process and thus reduces health risks. Not only does this pre-reverse osmosis treatment but it also eliminates unpleasant odor from the mineral water.
Following are some important steps you need to pay heed to if you are a first-time user of a water purifier:
- The first and most important step is to check whether your water purifier is installed correctly or not. In case you have a traditional Indian kitchen, it is suggested that you mount up the water purifier on a wall, if you have a modern kitchen then situating your water purifier on a platform level is suitable.
- Once you have installed the water purifier, make you inspect all the parts correctly. A water purifier is not just a made-up machine it contains many smaller parts that are vital to keeping the water purifier functioning. For more detailed information regarding the parts in the machine of the water purifier, do check out the user manual.
- After you are done inspecting the parts, connect the water purifier to the pipe that will be allowing the drinking water inlet as well as set up the outlet to let the rejected water flow out. This step in the procedure needs to be done with extra care as you are setting up the inlet and outlet of purified and rejected water.
- Make sure that the outlet water passage is placed away from the inlet drinking water passage as there are chances the rejected water may flow back into the filter which will damage the machine of the water purifier.
- Now that your water purifier is carefully set up, you can plug it in and let the filtration process begin to obtain safe water.
- It is extremely important to let the first few liters of purified drinking water flow away as the machine is new and the system needs some time to get acquainted with the flow of drinking water.
- The membranes of RO, UV, and UF are new and thus the first water filtered through them is not considered fit for drinking.
- The last step of this process is to check the level of TDS i.e., the total dissolved solids level of the mineral water. Anything below 500 ppm is fit for drinking. The TDS control feature reduces 90% of the risks present in the water making it perfectly safe and clean to consume. It is advisable to buy water purifiers that come with all three- RO, UV & UF technologies as they complement each other and deliver safe and clean drinking water.
Livpure brings in some of the best water purifiers that fit all the criteria for choosing the correct and suitable water purifier. Livpure brand sells the best purifier in India.
Here is a list of Livpure water purifiers that you should check out.
- Livpure RO + UV water purifier
- Livpure RO + UF water purifier
- Livpure RO + UV + UF water purifier
- Livpure Linea copper water purifier
- Livpure Bolt RO + UV mineraliser water purifier
These are easily available on the online Livpure store as well as other platforms like Amazon and Flipkart. To avail of the Livpure water purifier services, call on the customer care number or drop a mail.