Your quality of sleep has a direct impact on both your physical and mental well-being. If you do not meet your goals, it may affect your weight, productivity, emotional stability, and daytime energy. But many of us have trouble getting the sleep we require at night and frequently toss and turn.
You may find it difficult to sleep at night. You start thinking you are suffering from insomnia. If you suspect it, you should see a therapist. But usually, it is other factors like bad sleeping habits or stress that keeps you awake.
A sound sleep is very much essential to wake up refreshed the next morning. Keep reading to know some tips to have a comfortable sleeping routine every night and its benefits.
Tips to sleep better
Here are some tips from Livpure to sleep better at night:
1. Change Your Sleeping Environment
Maybe you find it so hard to fall asleep because your room décor doesn’t permit it. Ideally, your room should be relaxed, comfortable, and dark when it’s time to sleep. You could try:
- Investing in a comfortable mattress: Livpure mattresses are made to help you sleep comfortably. They have a range of super soft mattresses that are so comfy you’ll just sink in and go straight to sleep. A comfortable and soft mattress increases your chances of sleeping better.
- Turning off most lights: Having lights on when you’re going to bed is a big no-no. Light suppresses the quantity of melatonin secreted, which is not good since it is needed to help you fall asleep. If you really require a light, get a light and plug it in before you each night.
- Keeping phones away: The blue light from your screens interferes with your body’s preparation for sleep. Therefore, avoid using your phone, TV, or laptop an hour or so before bed. Your body will sense the need for sleep as a result of this.
2. Get Into A Proper Sleep Routine
A healthy sleep schedule makes sure that your body is relaxed before bed. You will nod off quickly if you do this:
- Making a schedule: Your body gets into a pattern by making a sleep schedule. This way, it knows when you need to sleep and wake up. If you have to be up at seven on weekdays, try to wake up at the same time on weekends.
- Keeping track of your sleeping patterns: Use a journal or your phone to record how much sleep you get, when you get it, and how tired you feel throughout the day. You can track this with some apps as well. When you do this, you can present it to your therapist or physician, who can then assist you in developing a better bedtime plan.
- Setting aside 30 minutes a day for worrying: Set aside a little while each day to address any problems you have. Maybe you can do this 2—3 times daily for 10 minutes each. This way, they won’t all pop into your head just as you try to sleep.
3. Adopt healthy Habits
A healthy body and healthy sleep go hand in hand. You need a healthy body to sleep well and sleeping well gives you a healthier body. Make sure to take care of your health by:
- Avoiding smoking: Smoking frequently can lead to insomnia. This happens because the body goes into nicotine withdrawal at night.
- Exercise frequently: Going for a daily run or hitting the gym can improve sleep quality. Your body tires itself out, and it helps you sleep quicker and for a longer time. You should always keep a three-hour gap between exercising and going to bed.
- Take a power nap: Sleeping for about 10 to 20 minutes during the day can make you feel refreshed. A good nap can even improve your memory and creativity. Try not to sleep longer than 20 minutes, as that can make it harder to fall asleep at night.
4. Prepare Your Body To Sleep
Try not to go straight from work to sleep each night. Include an activity before you sleep which can relax your mind and body. Some things you can do include:
- Trying to meditate: Meditating is so good for the body. It doesn’t just help clear your mind and calm your body, but it can help with many other things—people who meditate before bed sleep quicker, better and longer. You could also try yoga or deep breathing.
- Don’t overeat before bed: Having a big meal just before it’s time to go to bed will make you feel too stuffed. Lying down could make you feel nauseous. You must sleep only three hours after you have eaten. Otherwise, it could lead to an upset stomach, acid reflux, or indigestion.
- Have a warm shower: A warm bath or shower just before bed can help you destress and relax. When you get out of the bathroom and walk into your cool bedroom, the temperature change will slow down your body’s metabolism. That will trigger sleepy feelings.
Why should you invest in a high-quality mattress?
A high-quality mattress will give you the ideal combination of support and comfort. Your spine will be supported, and your body posture will be preserved. These two elements must be present for you to get a good night's sleep.
You should ideally look for a mattress suited to your needs. Choosing the right mattress influences your health in several ways:
- Alleviates pain: Choosing the wrong mattress causes pain regularly. Muscle soreness in the morning can ruin your experience of the day. This is also one of the causes of back pain. A poor-quality mattress can put pressure on your body and cause pain. Therefore, it is wise to invest in a comfortable mattress to reduce aches and pains.
- Increases productivity the next day: During night, your body is in recovery mode. If you do not sleep well, you will feel tired and lethargic. Sleepless nights also reduce work productivity. Enjoy good sleep and deep relaxation with the right mattress. This ensures vigor and productivity the next day.
- Temperament to handle stressful situations: It has been observed that people who get a good night’s sleep are better able to handle difficult situations and have a positive attitude and outlook on life.
- Heart Health: When your body sleeps properly, it helps remove toxins. That means less pressure on the heart to pump the same amount of blood. This ensures that the heart is not overloaded and functions properly, even during strenuous activities such as running and swimming.
You now have an idea of how crucial a mattress is for your sleep. If you are having difficulty finding the best mattress, Livpure is here to help. Livpure offers a wide range of products for you to choose from as per your requirements. Super soft mattresses that are both durable and affordable are definitely worth your money.
Also Read: 5 Yoga Poses To Help You Sleep Better