Water plays an essential role in our lives. Almost every household chore we perform daily requires using water. Many rural regions in India have a scarcity of water; therefore, not a majority of people have the access to clean drinking healthy water even though it is a necessity for everyone to drink safe and clean water. These people have no option but to drink water however it is available, either by traveling miles to fetch a few liters of water from wells that are on the verge of drying up or by using the factory water outlet which is a storehouse of numerous deadly chemicals.
Thus, it is equally important to know whether the water you consume is safe for you or not. Traces of several different contaminants are found in the water that we drink. Unknowingly, we also consume these contaminants which result in various water contamination-related diseases.
Due to the awareness of drinking safe water, people take precautions such as boiling and filtering the drinking water, although these processes help to purify the drinking water, the water is not completely purified and fit for drinking. Water with a TDS level of under 500 ppm is considered fit for drinking. It is not just about drinking safe water from a random water purifier but taking the right steps to choose a water purifier is also important. A thorough guide to choosing a water purifier will surely help you to purchase the right and the best water purifier.
What is TDS?
TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids which means the total concentration of inorganic compounds, salts, and other chemicals present in the water. The level of TDS determines how mineralized the water you drink is. While purchasing the water purifier, checking the TDS control feature is also a must. If possible, ask the salesperson for a TDS control test of the water that is supplied in your home.
Know your water and its source
The first and most important step before purchasing a water purifier is to know the quality of water, whether it is too hard or too soft, alkaline, or acidic, fresh, etc. stored, and whether chemicals like chlorine or bleach are added to kill the germs present in the water or not, etc. It is important to understand the water you drink and the requirements you need to meet.
Knowing the sources of your water will also help you to choose the right water purifier for you, for example, if the sources are borewells, water supplied by tanker, or underground water then the water is hard. Whereas if the sources are municipal supplies, rainwater or rivers then the water is soft.
A step-by-step guide to buying a water purifier
Knowing your water is important, and so is understanding the hardness and softness of the water, the source where it comes from, and whether it has been regulated or not. Only then should you make the right choice while buying the purifier. Now, you must be left wondering, how can I purchase a water purifier?
Given below are the points to consider while choosing a water purifier:
- If your drinking water is hard, i.e., sourced from borewells, underground water, etc, then you need to buy a RO water purifier and if it is supplemented with UV and UF systems then it will be helpful to purify highly contaminated water too.
- If the water that you drink is soft i.e., sourced from the municipality, rains, or river then you need a UV protection water purifier which will help to filter the soft water.
- RO or reverse osmosis technology helps remove compounds of calcium and magnesium by thus reducing the hardness of the water. Not only that but RO technology also eliminates other chemicals like lead, fluorides, and arsenic present in the water. It is ideal for purifying a wide range of impurities.
- UV or ultraviolet technology reduces the risks caused by viruses and bacteria present in the water. Water purifiers with this kind of technology are suitable for soft water. This technology in the system does not affect the taste or the color of the water. Another advantage of UV technology is that it consumes very less electricity.
- UF or Ultrafiltration technology can remove viruses and bacteria but it cannot eliminate the dissolved chemicals present in the water. It can work without electricity but cannot turn hard water into soft water. Hence, using this filter technology along with RO or UV water purifiers or both combined is highly advisable.
- Activated carbon filters absorb the impurities present in the water. The water filters through the carbon filter and the results are clean, chemical-free, and safe drinking water. It is also effective while treating the chemical-induced water from the industries. The activated carbon filter feature absorbs all the unnecessary components from the water, it is also cost-effective and requires minimum space in the machine too.
- Furthermore, an RO water purifier removes 90% of TDS from the water and is thus a very important feature.
- It is wise to make use of water purifiers that come with all three- RO, UV & UF technologies as they complement each other and deliver safe and clean drinking water.
Livpure brings in the best purifier in India that fits all the criteria for choosing the correct and suitable water purifier, here is a list of Livpure water purifiers that you should check out.
- Livpure RO + UV water purifier is the basic yet the most effective and best water purifier.
- Livpure RO + UF water purifier, suitable for soft water.
- Livpure RO + UV + UF water purifier is the best water purifier that fits the criteria for delivering mineral water.
- Livpure Linea copper water purifier, which is the best copper water purifier and the best purifier in India
- Livpure Bolt RO + UV mineralizer water purifier provides excellent quality mineral water and is a water purifier at the best price.
- Livpure RO water purifier is the best RO purifier in India.