Drinking clean water is necessary to remain in good health. With all the pollutants present, getting pure water can be challenging. But thanks to water purifiers, we no longer have to worry.
You can rely on a water purifier to stay healthy, and if you buy the right one, you can say goodbye to water-borne diseases. There are so many kinds of purifiers, each with its own pros and cons.
Many people are concerned about the water purifier price, but they shouldn't. Water purifiers are not as expensive as people assume they are. It is just a common misconception that the water purifier price is high.
The RO+UV water purifiers system is best for home use. They are very effective and ensure you stay healthy.
What kinds of water purifiers are available?
If you go to a store or search online, you will see a variety of water purifiers. This can be confusing and make it hard to choose what you need. Only when you know what each one can do will you be able to pick.
If you are indecisive about what you need, you need not worry. This guide will tell you precisely what you want to know before you buy a water purifier.
Let us begin with the basic – sediment filter
The sediment filter is made to be used along with other filters. Most people use them along with the RO and UV filters, making them more efficient. This filter aims to collect sediments at the water's bottom.
Sediments include sand, dirt, mud particles, or rust flakes from metal pipes. All these unwanted and harmful impurities are filtered out. But this is only the first step.
In India, sediment filters are made of cotton and polyester fibres. They are shaped like a roll, and their water outlet is connected to the UV or RO water purifier. Any dust or dirt particles present in the water are filtered out.
Let's get into the pros and cons of buying them-
- It removes all dust, dirt, and mud particles
- All visible pollutants are removed during pre-filtration
- The RO and UV purifiers are protected because all sand particles that could damage them are filtered out
- It does not remove heavy metals, bacteria, or viruses, so you can't use it independently.
Next, we have the - Activated Carbon Water Purifier
What if the impurities in your water could lead to a water-borne disease? You wouldn't want that, would you?
This purifier is a form of carbon that is made into small pieces. Activated carbon removes many water-borne diseases caused by heavy metals and pesticides.
Activated carbon removes chemicals that cause water to have a foul taste or smell. It is also known for removing chlorine from water. The 'adsorption' property can help purify water.
How would this filter benefit you?
- Removes particles of heavy metals
- Can make water smell and taste good
- Eliminates pesticides and toxic chemicals that can cause diseases
- Improves the life of the RO membrane by blocking chlorine from damaging it
What would the drawbacks be?
- Does not remove dissolved salts that make water hard
- Does not filter out viruses and bacteria
What can help when there's no electricity? – The Ultra-Filtration or UF Water Purifier
Do you live in an area with a lot of power cuts? You might have assumed that since most water purifiers require electricity, you have no choice but to live without one. Lucky for you, that is not true.
The UF water purifier can work without electricity, which is very beneficial for those who do not have a good source of electricity. It separates water and impure particles using hollow fibres of a membrane.
Bacteria, viruses, and suspended solids get trapped when water flows through a UF membrane. It is mainly used where there are low levels of chemical contamination because it can't remove chemicals from water. You could even get the RO+UF water purifier seeing that both filters work together to ensure safe water is produced.
Why should you get this filter?
- They work without electricity
- It can filter muddy water
- Does not use chemicals to filter bacteria and viruses
- Can be used for a long time – 3 to 5 years
- Does not allow dead bodies of bacteria and viruses to float around in the water
What could make you reconsider it?
- Can't be used in hard water
- Has to be cleaned frequently – at least twice a week
The Eco-friendly solution - UV or Ultraviolet Water Purifier
Want a water purifier that can use technology to kill microorganisms and pathogens that cause water-borne diseases? The UV water purifier does just that.
Without using chemicals during the purification process, it purifies your water. This makes it an environmentally friendly option. Bacteria, cysts, and viruses are killed when they pass through a UV lamp tube.
It is used for low TDS water that comes from lakes and rivers. UV water purifiers is best for homebecause they can kill harmful microbes without changing the taste of the water.
Perks of getting this one?
- Maintenance costs are low
- UV keeps all essential minerals
- Does not use any chemicals
- Low energy consumption
- High purification rate
- Does not alter the taste of water
Obstacles you could face-
- Dead bodies of germs stay in the water
- Can't filter out undissolvable particles like mud and dirt
- Does not remove toxic chemicals
And the best for last - RO Water Purifiers
Most homes in India use the RO water purifier,which shows that it is an excellent choice and will ensure your water is pure enough to consume.
The RO water purifier uses a semipermeable membrane to purify water. When water flows through this membrane, dissolved solids like chlorine, fluoride, nitrates, sulfates and arsenic are filtered out. You can even use it to purify hard water.
There are two types of RO water purifier systems; the difference is where they are placed.
- Wall mounted or tabletop
- Under the sink or the counter
Both are equally safe water purifier. But when questioned about 'Which RO is best for Health?', you should know that the RO+UV water purifiers system is the best choice. Each filter performs different roles, which is why they are most effective when used together.
Why is this the best option?
- Can remove dissolved solids and metal particles
- Capable of filtering out water-borne diseases
- Improves taste and odour of water
- It is safe and cost-effective
What are its disadvantages?
- Needs electricity to function
- Wastes a lot of water
Livpure will help keep you healthy
When we compare all the different types of water purifiers, it is clear that the Reverse Osmosis (RO) system has the most health benefits. It is more effective than any other water purifier.
When it comes to which RO is best for health,you should know that all ROs are. The RO water purifier systemscan remove the most minute and most dissolvable particles from water.
So, which is best RO UV Water Purifier?
The best buy water purifier is one with a RO+UV water purifier system. Livpure water purifier combines the RO+UV+UF systems and can even adjust the TDS. It is a safe water purifier.